Google

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The picture on the table looked very familiar but I could not immediately place her.
I had a pink rose pinned to my jacket at the reception desk, there were three ladies in their traditional dresses who helped with it, it was a pity that I didn't get to study let alone appreciate their facial features, why? I am still wondering whether it was because I was too timid to look at them or the sheer pomposity of their attire that engulfed my entire attention that the rest was secondary and easily escaped my imagination. I guess I have overcome that fear when you have to talk or at least make a gesture standing before a girl you have never met before, not exactly fear but a pressure of such kind that it could only plaque a guy who is in the look out for a potential mate. In my case I am not sure if I can strike a positive vibe with a girl and more so if she happens to one of my people. There have been times when I feel they carry this don't-mess-with-me-kinda attitude, I presume it is an aftermath of what is so shallowly portrayed in television, raunchy girls standing strong, tall and proud in defiance against their guys cheating on them, singing about their trial and tribulation?

Once inside the spacious banquet hall I was overwhelmed by the enormity of the occasion, on a raised platform under the soothing smile of a figure so endearing to us, a dancing troupe was ready to perform, from two big black boxes on each sides of the stage, a high pitched female voice initiated slight movements from the dancers who were gathered in a nice circle by now, and all tables looked occupied.

A girl came swaggering towards me and brushed past me muttering, 'Move, move, move aside.' trailing behind a whiff of sweet smell which though pleasing to my senses revolted me. It was a big aisle and there was ample space for her on either side of me. But it was like a big elephant who will trample anything that comes in its way only to reaffirm its dominance over the animal kigndom.

No comments:

Google